Book review of Joomla! 2.5 Beginner's Guide book
"Joomla! 2.5 Beginner's Guide" is a new book release from Packt Publishing. Let's take a look at this big publication about the stable version of Joomla 2.5. It's written by Eric Tiggeler - specialized in the fundamentals of handling open source CMS and already an author for several other books about Joomla (f.e. Joomla! 1.5 Beginner’s Guide).
To whom "Beginner's Guide" is adressed? - mainly to those who are totally new to Joomla. Beacuse almost everyone can master this powerful CMS. By reading this book you will teach exactly, step by step, how to do it. By 12 chapters, you'll get to know Joomla 2.5 and practice all the skills involved in creating and expanding a Joomla powered website. It helps you getting started and facilitate understanding this CMS - till the moment that you'll know how to build a complete managed website.
What primarily "The Joomla 2.5 Beginner's Guide" learns it's readers?
- How to create full featured site with nice design, which is easy to expand and attractive to visitors.
- How to attract these visitors by giving them fully active website with content easy to navigate and many other possibilites to be it's user.
- How to professionally use a Joomla template and customize it.
- How to expand the possibilities by using the extensions ( components, modules, plugins) available in the web.
- How to extract from examples and take from them as much as possible.
- How to achieve what you want make with Joomla!
- How to avoid dangers lurking in the network.
By reading the content I've also found a few smaller details, which that affect the overall assessment. First of all - the content lacks the common errors that may appear during installation. This can be important especially for all new users. I was also expecting to find the complete information on how to perform the migration from a previous Joomla version to the latest, but unfortunately it is described too short. I think this should be included in fundamentals of Joomla installation.It is also hard to find information about unpacking a zipped package onto a server, or how to use quickstart packages.
Summarizing - "Joomla! 2.5 Beginner's Guide" is very practical, written in clear and understandable language, so it makes reading simple and enjoyable.
I'm sure that you will be pleased to meet the friendly instructions and explanations. Even if you’re new to this subject and you don't need to understand any computer coding languages.
Complete information about the book and the possibilities to buy it, are available at the website of publisher.